Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Spider Man Musical Actress Quits

The web of problems surrounding the Broadway production ofSpider-Man: Turn Off the Darkjust got more complicated: Lead actress Natalie Mendoza – who plays nemesis spider Arachne – quit the musical, the New York Daily News reports. 

Her departure from the show – which is the most expensive production in Broadway history – follows a series of safety setbacks. During rehearsals, two stunt doubles were injured during flying sequences, and top aerial stuntman, Christopher Tierney, fell 30 feet at a preview performance. 

Mendoza herself was injured onstage: The actress, 30, suffered a concussion the first night of previews when she was hit in the head by stage equipment. She last performed Dec. 20 – the night the audience packed in the Foxwoods Theatre watched Tierney, 31, fall into the orchestra pit. 



Who is funding this musical and why haven't they cut it loose already? The top aerial stuntman fell 30 feet. The man almost died for crying out loud. I honestly am shocked nobody has stepped in and stopped this musical once and for all for obvious safety hazards. The woman suffered a concussion because stage equipment fell. I guess the tech guys are on vacation? Good, they can stay on vacation. This musical is an absolute tragedy. I actually want to buy a ticket for this show -- although it's probably incredibly expensive given it being the most expensive broadway show -- just so I can see somebody plummet 45 feet and break their spine. I know it sucks to hope for injury -- I'm not hoping for injury, I'm just expecting it -- And I want to be there when the world of Spider Man comes crashing down to earth. I want a video camera in my hand so I can post it on this blog immediately. That'll attract some new viewers here.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment