Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Dude in SC Plays Real-Life Frogger -- Gets hit by SUV

Clemson, S.C.A man has been hospitalized after police in South Carolina say he was hit by an SUV while playing a real-life version of the video game “Frogger.” Authorities said the 23-year-old man was taken to a hospital in Anderson after he was struck at around 9 p.m. Monday. In the “Frogger” arcade game, players move frogs through traffic on a busy road and through a hazard-filled river. Before he was hit, police say the man had been discussing the game with his friends. Chief Jimmy Dixon says the man yelled “go” and darted into oncoming traffic in the four-lane highway.


And I thought I had some serious balls. 


I mean seriously, did the man lose a bet or is he just retarded? Maybe he watched TRON: Legacy this past weekend and thought this is what being stuck in the world of Frogger would be like. Maybe he thought he could practice real-life frogger to prepare for life inside a video game. I mean they're trying to develop holographic movies to be use-able within 5 years from now, so who knows how close we are to accidentally getting stuck inside of a video game with cars speeding by. Heck I don't blame him, just like him I've been preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse by watching The Walking Dead series and reading the novel Zombie Survival Guide (sarcasm, I don't read... ). 


This man would be hit on a daily basis if he lived in Manhattan. I dont live in Manhattan and rarely go there, but when I do to see the occasional Knicks game and having to walk from Grand Central Station, I know I can cross the street with cars and buses zipping by, not caring if they hit you. They won't stop, they never will stop. Ever seen the intro to Shaft? My bets are on that scene was never staged, but just filmed from a fire escape in the middle of the city. 



No comments:

Post a Comment