Thursday, December 30, 2010

Dreams Suck Sometimes

So I had a dream last night, and it felt absolutely so real. In fact it felt so real, I woke up this morning feeling like someone had performed Inception on me because I woke up believing something that most likely won't happen until late June-early July.

I had the absolute most realist dream, and of course as a Knicks fan this not being a reality makes me die a little bit inside, that late last night the New York Knicks traded for Carmelo Anthony of the Denver Nuggets and actually didn't give up A TON to get him. In the dream they traded Gallinari, Anthony Randolph, a 1st round draft pick and Eddy Curry. It felt too real. Part of the dream even included reading different columnists' thoughts on the trade on Twitter. In the dream, I then went onto Facebook to make a sarcastic comment about the trade saying that the New York Mets traded multiple prospects to the Colorado Rockies to help the Knicks make the Melo trade.

It's like somebody went three stages into my dream world.

Stage 1 -- Hearing the breaking news of the Melo trade on ESPN/SportsCenter. This alerted me of the idea.
Stage 2 -- Reading about it on Twitter, making the idea feel possible and real.
Stage 3 -- Making a comment on Facebook. It's something I would do in real life -- and thus, the idea was planted deep inside my mind and I awoke actually believing it happened.

So I woke up feeling this shit actually happened. I sat there watching Sportscenter for 40 minutes this morning and was confused why they weren't talking about it. And then it struck me like a 2x4 to the head.

So i died a little bit more inside today. And what will be icing on the cake is the Nets somehow make the trade for Melo and he signs the extension.

Melo, please just wait until the season is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment